Rooting android device needs custom kernel that unlocks the device’s firmware. I found custom kernel somewhere on internet for Samsung SM-G313HZ Galaxy V device. We will use this file to root Galaxy V.
Step 1 (Download)
- First, download custom kernel file http://www.mediafire.com/file/5j81d3h2fy828o1/G313HZDDU0ANH2_ROOT.tar
- Download Odin for flashing custom kernel file http://www.mediafire.com/file/9vrxgwnnj877tj7/Odin3+v3.10.0.zip
- Download iRoot http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot or Kingo Root or any other Windows PC rooting software for rooting SM-G313HZ
Step 2 (Flash)
- Run Odin. Load G313HZDDU0ANH2_ROOT.tar by pressing AP button.
- Now prepare your phone & usb data cable. Enable USB debugging by going to menu Settings → About device → tap 7 times on Build number field → go back to Settings → Developer options → check USB debugging. Turn off phone and enter Samsung download mode by pressing Power + Volume Down + Home buttons then press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect phone to PC via usb data cable.
Make sure Odin has detected your phone before continuing next step. If it hasn’t, rerun Odin.
- Click start button, your phone will reboot, close Odin after device turns on.
Step 3 (Root)
This is what we are waiting for, isn’t it? 🙂
- Run iRoot.
- Connect your phone to PC via usb data cable if you haven’t done so. Wait till iRoot detects your phone.
- Click Root button to start rooting your phone. This will take several minutes & your phone will reboot several times so do not unplug your phone till iRoot has finished rooting your phone.
You can now unplug your phone and start enjoying your long-awaited rooted Samsung Galaxy V phone 🙂
Tips! You can uninstall iRoot Superuser App that comes with iRoot when rooting to replace with another superuser app such as SuperSU which you can download from Google Play Store. Just install and open SuperSU, it will ask to remove another superuser app.
Always remember, this method works with my Samsung Galaxy V but I don’t take responsibility for any damage caused to your phone, so do with your own risk.